Good Morning

Good Morning

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Why dogs?

My latest novel will be released on July 27th. That's only four days away! This is when all the days,weeks and months of work come together as one small ebook. This is when the author offers his or her work to the world. In other words, this is it!
     This time I've drawn on my training as a nurse and my interest in health issues to write a medical romance. My fifth romance with dogs, is far from the usual doctor/nurse story. But one aspect of Nothing but the Best will be familiar to my readers who enjoy the canine characters and their roles in the romances.This time, it's a Tibetan Spaniel, Teddy, who steals the limelight and reminds me of the old stage adage, 'Never compete with children or dogs.'

     People sometimes ask me why dogs play an important role in my romances. It’s not so hard to understand. A romance is about love—the finding, the losing, the eventual coming together of two people who are ready to commit, whatever the future may bring. What better symbol of attachment, devotion and unconditional love can you find than a faithful dog?
    The dogs I have known over several decades have given me immeasurable pleasure. Big or small, pedigree or lucky dip, sweet or assertive, all have been my friends and companions. They have filled my life with laughter and love. No wonder I like to write about them!
    In Nothing but the Best, I created Teddy, a Tibetan Spaniel based on one of my pets, now deceased. Determined to guard his master’s premises, he endures isolation rather than abandon his post. Of course this book is a romance. A man and a woman fall in love. And Teddy, as is fitting, finds his own happy ending.
     I'll be posting a couple of extracts about Teddy over the coming days. If I can't disclose the storyline of the book without 'spoiling' the plot, I can introduce you to a most endearing little dog.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing But the Best sounds like a delightful book. I'm looking forward to reading it and getting to know Teddy. I'm sure I'll fall in love with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely Margaret. Like the cover.

    ReplyDelete